Sunday, July 27, 2008

Terrorist Bombings

The entire country is a little tense right now following two straight days of multiple bombs exploding in major Indian cities. On Friday bombs went off in 8 different locations in Bangalore (southern India), killing one person and injuring several others, and yesterday 16 blasts killed 45 people and injured over 100 more in Ahmedabad (western India). An Indian terrorist organization has claimed responsibility for the blasts, saying:

"We the terrorists of India - the Indian Mujahideen - the militia of Islam whose each and every Mujahid belongs to this very soil of India, have returned to execute the compulsion of Allah".

While watching the news last night with the family that I'm staying with they mentioned that many people think that the group is based out of the Kolkata area, and that is why Kolkata itself has yet to be hit. I doubt that their sources are the most reliable, but it was an interesting theory to hear. Either way, hopefully things will return as much to normal as possible over the coming weeks, and the terrorists will be apprehended before they can strike again.

3 comments:

Lukman Arsalan said...

Be safe Jay.

When I saw that on CNN they only wrote bombings in India down in their news bar. And I got insanely worried and went to check the website online.

See you soon!

Christin said...

Thinking of y'all. Please keep the posts coming!

Sara said...

I'm worried about you. Seriously. . .I miss you and would like to see you in one piece in two weeks.

Be good.