I am scheduled to arrive in Kolkata on Friday May 23rd a little after 5:00am local time, and will head straight to the school from the airport. The inevitable jet lag aside, I'm very much looking forward to meeting the students, teachers, and Sister Cyril Mooney, the headmistress of the school - I am truly humbled by the opportunity to work with all of them, and can't wait to get started.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Background Info
All students who attend the Clinton School of Public Service are expected to complete an international service project as part of their Master of Public Service coursework. For my project I chose to serve in Kolkata, India, where I will be working with the Loreto Day School, Sealdah (www.loretosealdah.com). The exact details of my service project have yet to be finalized, but the current plan is that I will be working with members of the school community to establish college and career prep programs for the girls at the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good luck, and have a safe trip!
BLAM, welcome to cyberspace. You're a good man for doing this, and I'm very proud of who you have become. Keep it up, champ! Looking forward to reading about your experiences...
jay-
i am so happy to have been led by you; youre pretty amazing.
travel softly. take lots of pictures. drink lots of water. have fun. be safe.
this will be life changing. how exciting.
Who are you, and what have you done with Jay Thompson?!??!
Just kidding....hope you have an awesome trip. I'm looking forward to your blog entries.
Travel safely and keep in touch! Afterschool bud! Idonia
Post a Comment