Below are a few pictures that I took along the way - it really was a beautiful day, especially compared to all of the heavy rain we've been getting lately. This first picture is of the Victoria Memorial. I didn't go inside, but plan on going back some evening when apparently they do a fountain show at sunset.
Monday, June 16, 2008
walking is exercise, right?
On Sunday (my one day off) I decided that the most logical thing to do on a scorchingly hot day would be to go for a four hour walk around town. The goals of the walk were to both see the city, and also test out the warning on my malaria medicine that says it makes people more susceptible to sunburn - my theory was that they were bluffing - they were not.
Below are a few pictures that I took along the way - it really was a beautiful day, especially compared to all of the heavy rain we've been getting lately. This first picture is of the Victoria Memorial. I didn't go inside, but plan on going back some evening when apparently they do a fountain show at sunset.
This next picture is of St. Paul's Cathedral. I just happened to walk past it and was blown away. The inside is equally amazing, so I'm going to try to attend a service sometime just to try to soak it all in.
Finally, I'm happy to report that Mrs. Paul is alive and well, and it looks like my intended project, at least parts of it, just might work out - I'm still cautiously optimistic, but coming out of yesterday I'm more optimistic than cautious...
Below are a few pictures that I took along the way - it really was a beautiful day, especially compared to all of the heavy rain we've been getting lately. This first picture is of the Victoria Memorial. I didn't go inside, but plan on going back some evening when apparently they do a fountain show at sunset.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dude - that's amazing! You are at such an awesome place! More pictures, please!
I'm glad that your supervisor is actually alive - yaaay!
Post a Comment