Sunday, June 29, 2008

an observation, and some pictures

I couldn't help but notice that my post about getting food thrown at me on the street set the record for the most reader comments on my blog thus far. I'm glad I'm not under any pressue to achieve high ratings or else these next few weeks might have been rough ones for me...

A few random pictures and stories:

Yesterday I went shopping with Erin, Molly, and Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley is much trendier than I am so we ended up at Fabindia. They didn't have anything in his size, but he did help pick out two shirts for me.
These birds are everywhere in Kolkata, and as near as we can tell they are pure evil.
Last Sunday Molly, Erin, and I went to check out the Hoogley River. The bridges were extremely modern looking, but the scene below, though very interesting, was not.
Near the river is a very large flower market that we walked through. The first picture does not make it look amazingly attractive...
...but this one shows how beautiful the arrangements being sold actually were.

1 comment:

Christin said...

i agree that those birds look like pure evil...straight out of hitchcock. i really enjoyed the way you set up the last post, though with the pictures and captions.

it sounds like, overall, everything is going well fo you and your fellow IPSP Team India friends. i just hope your curried potato incident doesn't turn you off of them forever.

take care!!! christin